How does this conference work?
Small 'bubbles' of 20 delegates meet together face to face at one of our regional venues. During the course of the day, every delegate
1. presents a summary of some aspect of middle schooling
2. attends the Zoom Keynote Presentations with their 'bubble' of 20
3. attends the Finnish School Tour via Zoom
Why only 20 delegates in each venue?
If COVID becomes an issue for any region or venue with only 20 delegates we can easily social distance if we are required to.
What will I leave the conference with?
1. the experience of presenting to your peers
2. over 200 middle schooling presentations summaries from delegates across Australia, NZ and Singapore
3. your own notes from the Keynote Presentations + the opportunity to interact with the keynotes via zoom
4. the experience of attending a Finnish School Tour
5. a face to face experience which is socially safe but allows for networking
Can more than one staff member from a school attend?
Yes, we recommend 2 from each school, however any more than that is not really beneficial as one of the purposes of the conference is to hear stories from other schools.
Can I just pay to hear the Keynote Presentations?
Yes, it's $99 to register for both Keynote Presentations.
Can I host a 'bubble' at my school or institution?
Yes, just register for an entire bubble and we will be in touch with you to finalise the venue and to get the details onto our registration site so others can register to attend.
What are the requirements for presenting?
Each delegate must provide a one page summary of their presentation as well as a slide show to use on the day. Each presentation is 10 minutes long. You can read the criteria for presenting here.
Why is the NT conference entirely online?
Because of the distance between schools and the difficulty in getting together we have decided to offer the NT conference as online only. We hope this will benefit more teachers and reach more remote schools. The program will be very much the same and each delegate is still require to present.
How will I receive my 200 summaries?
After the conference you will receive a copy of every summary that is presented. This will come to you via email as a PDF.
Do I get the summaries if I just pay for the Keynote Presentations via zoom?
Unfortunately not, the summaries are for all delegates who also present themselves. By sharing their practice they unlock a copy of every other presentation.
Who do I contact if I'd like to host a bubble at my school?
Send Angela an email and she will get in touch with you straight away.
How do I register?
Any other questions? Get in touch we'd love to chat to you.